Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MY GEELONG HOLIDAY PART 1

Hi Milo here!  Yesterday I returned from my holiday with Ros. We stayed at a pawesome place called Anam Cara House that allows pets to stay with their humans. Isn't that so pawesome! On Friday afternoon I watched Ros packing up some of my things like my bed and lead plus my food and food bowl. Everything I need for holidays. The day we arrived we didn't do much, just rested and got to know everyone that was staying there. The people that run the place were just lovely and were very good at giving me back scratches which is most important. Well the next day we were ready to start exploring the local area but before we left home Ros had done lots of research to find dog friendly areas near to where we were staying.  Once we had grabbed every thing we headed off on our first walk and just as we were walking out the door another doggie appeared. Her name is Tammy and she is a cocker spaniel that belongs to one of Ros friends. Apparently Ros had organised this meet up before our holiday!! She can be quite sneaky sometimes.
      Well after doing the traditional doggie greeting Tammy and I headed off on our adventure together.  

After walking for a while Ros said it was time for photo taking so once we found a suitable location the   photo taking began. 
I look very handsome if I do say so myself.  After photo taking we continued on with our walk and after walking for a little while longer I came across the most interesting smell so I had a good time checking it out and Tammy soon came over to join in the fun. 
 After we had finished sniffing we looked up and we saw two yellow labrador doggies wagging their tail at us so we went over to say hello.
 Well then their humans appeared and said we could come in for a play. How pawesome was that?  We walked in to start making friends. 
 After having a play with our new friends we continued on with our walk and we soon arrived at our location and we bumped into another doggie to say hello to!  While our humans watched we said hello to each other.
  
 Finally after saying goodbye to my next new friend I found out where Ros was taking me. It's called the Geelong Botanic Gardens.  
This is the enter sign to the gardens and me posing with it which I think came out very well. After the photo taking was finished we entered the gardens to have a look around. This is the view that greeted us when we first walked in.     
Doesn't it look like a pawesome place dog friends? These are some of the lovely flowers and plants that were there.    
Aren't all the flowers beautiful?  Once the flowers had been photographed it was my turn so I had lots of fun posing in all the different gardens that were there. 
Even my friend Tammy was into posing for the camera. Didn't she do a great job?  Well after all that  posing I decided Ros and I should get our photo taken together.   
 
Don't we look pawesome together?  After our photos Ros decided it was time to leave so off we went  back towards the entrance but instead of going the way we had arrived we went another way and then after a few more minutes I was suddenly let off lead to go and do some exploring. Oh Boy! Apparently we were at the eastern park lands and doggies are allowed off lead.  Tammy and I quickly got down to what doggies do best; exploring. 
 Well after all that exploring it was time to head back to our holiday home and Tammy had to go back home too as we were both getting quite tired by this stage. After a while Ros and I had returned and after a huge drink I went straight to sleep dreaming of my pawesome day out. Also I'd like to thank Tammy and her human for showing Ros & I such a pawesome time.

   I hope you enjoyed hearing about the first part of my holiday. Stay tuned as there is still heaps more for me to tell you.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun start to your holiday! Getting to meet new friends and stay in a fun place, beautiful scenery, how can it get better than that?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to you vacation! I can't wait to see who you will meet next.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that looks like quite a wonderful day for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to your holiday. Have a happy Wednesday and look forward to more.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome place that let's doggies stay there too! Your holidays sound great. I love the pictures of you and Ros! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy Milo, what a fab time you had and we were so excited to see your friend Tammy cause we don't see many cocker spaniels in Blogville. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your holiday. Did Jet stay home this time? No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete

FUN IN THE FOG

Hi Jet and Arli here! Sorry we have been away for so long but we have told our human it's time we returned so we will start by telling y...